Safety Week 2022 Gold Sponsor
BAM is delivering for customers who are ultimately delivering for the rest of society. We have a broad spread of customers, and we are providing construction services into many important areas from public sector infrastructure, public buildings, schools, hospitals and housing to major commercial developments.
As a purpose-led business aspiring to create sustainable environments that enhance people’s lives, we want to ensure our activities leave a lasting legacy for local communities.
To accomplish this, we need to attract the best people and make the built environment a more sought-after career choice by providing an inclusive, safe, and diverse culture, educating and developing the next generation, and supporting causes people believe in.
As verified by our leadership position on the CDP A-List, we take our net zero carbon commitment seriously. The built environment still accounts for 39 per cent of all global emissions, we are acutely aware that it needs to change quickly, more than any other sector.
To tackle this problem, we need to ensure not only that waste and energy intensity is kept to a minimum across the lifecycle of an asset, but also that we find creative alternatives to the carbon-heavy materials prevalent in today’s industry.
Around the country, our teams continually strive to deliver long-lasting social value to the communities where we live and work, by capitalising on tools such as digital construction and industrialised construction methods to help ensure our operations are energy efficient.
However, we recognise that in order to make the most impact we need to work collectively with expert industry partners, academic researchers, the government, our highly valued supply chain, and our customers and end users to embed a circular approach to the way we design, construct and operate buildings and infrastructure.
Some of our recent highlights include:
• New Children’s Hospital is over 70 per cent complete with the glass biomes nearing final installation
• Delivery of ‘Pottery Road’ to Cork County Council providing a safer environment for cyclists and pedestrians at Carrigaline
• Successful delivery of 235- bed Sweeneys Corner Student Accommodation for GSA
• Successful handover of 340-bed Staycity Aparthotel, Little Mary Street to Carrowmore
• Opening of N26 Cloongullane Realignment Project for the community of Swinford in Co. Mayo providing a vital infrastructure project within a SAC that will significantly improve the safety and connectivity of all road users along this busy scenic route
• Commencement of the Water-Rock Infrastructure Project that will enable the development of 2,500 residential units, three schools, a neighbourhood centre, a railway station and parks to the Water-Rock community near Midleton, Cork
• Boland’s Quay, winner of the Heritage, Conservation & Cultural Project of the year at the Irish Building and Design Awards 2022